Monday 9 May 2011

Once Upon a Time, There was a Man called James: A Thank You

Once Upon a Time, There was a Man called James. I was introduced to James a few years ago. I've never actually met James, we are, what I guess can be described as in these modern times, Virtual Friends.

So why am I blogging about James? Because he is one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever met. It's James's birthday this week and I thought it only right that I stop and take time out to thank a remarkable man.

I was introduced to James as I was going through an incredibly hard time, both personally and professionally, and James offered to be my business mentor. The idea was that we would have a call once a week and he would advise me on next steps for my career. What started off being a means to a career change, became an incredible life-changing friend. 

I believe James is aware that he gives incredible, practical business advice. He is generous with his time, he is innovative with his thoughts and he is an incredibly forward-thinking business genius. What I think that James is less self-aware off is his ability to inject you with self-belief, his ability to fill you with pride in your skill set and his gentle, yet strict encouragement to move you forward towards achieving your goals.

James started by gathering my business goals and spent weeks with hourly sessions to listen carefully to me, then setting me homework and tasks to encourage me to drive myself forward. As time progressed, I also shared some of my personal woes with James and I can honestly say that he changed the path of my life, not just my professional goals, forever.

So James, I don't want to go on and on, but thank you. Thank you for being the most incredible business person I have ever had the joy to work with, thank you for your life-changing advice, your endless patience and enthusiasm, for helping me to believe in myself and for being my friend.

If you ever have an opportunity to work with James or have a moment to check out his blog, jump at the chance. His advice, patience, time, enthusiasm and friendship will drive your life to heights you never thought you would reach.

Happy Birthday James.

No comments: