Friday 9 July 2010

Happy Friday

So on Wednesday, I did a huge Tesco shop online. Loads of stuff for the freezer so I don't starve in the last two weeks before pay day. 

It takes ages to do, sorting through the best offers, removing and adding everything. I choose my delivery slot and decide what I want. This is what I ordered:
  • Tesco Cooked Beetroot Vacuum Pack 250G
  • Tesco Broccoli Loose
  • Market Value Cauliflower
  • Tesco Cabbage Sweetheart
  • Tesco Creamy Coleslaw 600G
  • Leeks Loose Class 2
  • Market Value Round Lettuce
  • Tesco Salad Onions Bunch
  • Tesco Organic Baby Plum Tomatoes 225G
  • Tesco Garden Peas 500G
  • Tesco Runner Beans Loose
  • Turnips
  • Tesco Market Value Peppers 700G
  • Supersweet Sweetcorn Pm Twinpack
  • Tesco 8 Smoked Back Bacon 250G
  • Tesco Beef Mince 900G
  • Tesco Medium Whole Chicken 1.50Kg
  • Tesco Butter Basted Whole Chicken 1.40Kg
  • Tesco Value Smoked Mackerel
  • Tesco Finest* 6 Traditional Pork Sausages 454G
  • Tesco Finest* 9 Chorizo Style Chipolatas 300G
  • Tesco Pork Crackling Joint 640G
  • Tesco Lamb Shoulder Joint With Gravy 600G
  • Tesco Fresh Single Cream 600Ml
  • Tesco Value Cooked And Peeled Prawns 300G
  • Tesco 2 In 1 Fresh Tablets 48 Pack 24 Washes/1.8 Kilograms
I finally get it finished, pay and sit back to wait for the bounty to be delivered in the morning.

Thursday comes, between 12 & 2, and nothing. No delivery, no call, nothing. I call "Customer Services" and am told that the man is delayed and they refund my delivery charge. Well at least that's something! I cheerfully wait...and wait...and wait... It gets to 5pm, still nothing. I call back and am told that they have processed my card incorrectly and therefore have put my shopping back on the shelf. Lovely. They apologise, re-process my order and say it will be here on Friday between 9 & 10.

Friday comes, between 9 & 10, and nothing. No delivery, no call, nothing. I call "Customer Services" and am told that there is a problem with my card. Now I know this is not true, so I ask them to look again. They confirm that it's actually OK and they will get my order to me ASAP. BLOODY TESCO!

So here's where it gets interesting. The delivery man arrives and is incredibly happy, chatty, polite...in fact very enthusiastic indeed. He not only offers to carry my shopping through to the kitchen, but also offers to unpack! Maybe they have asked him to be lovely due to all the cock-ups?

Then we get to the next carrier bag to unpack. It contains:

SEVEN CUCUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy looks at me, looks at the cucumbers, smiles and proceeds to tell me his weekend plans (including free/ busy schedule)!!!!

HOW embarrassing!!! Check the order list above - I did not even order a bloody cucumber!!! 

Oh well, as my Mam always says: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

Happy Friday ;)

No comments: