Wednesday 19 May 2010

Amsterdam - A Parent's Guide

I had a brilliant conversation with my Mam last week. She went to Amsterdam with her friend and I encouraged them both to try smoking (she has never taken a drug in her life).

They said they had a few wines to build up their courage and went down a very long set of stairs into the basement of a shop. They said to the man that they would 'like a smoke' and he asked what they would like. They said it wasn't for them, it was 'for a friend'. He gave them some weed and my Mam says 'well what do we do with that'...he said, 'make a joint'...to which they obviously said that their friend wouldn't be able to do that. So he skins up for them and off they trot.


They went to a bar and had a few margaritas for 'Dutch' courage...they then got so drunk that both were sick everywhere and called me at home as they couldn't remember how to get back to their hotel. I got them back to the hotel using Google maps and off they went to bed.

The next day, their coach was leaving at 5am (they only got in at 2am) so they quickly got their stuff together and got onto the coach. They got to Calais and the bus driver says that they were being subjected to a spot check and everyone had to get off the coach...at which point Mam remembers that she has their 'smokes' in her handbag...she was frantically texting me saying she thought they would be arrested so I said just quickly hide them on the coach. They hurriedly hid them on someone else's seat in the coach and all went well...they then re-boarded the coach and stole their 'smokes' back...

Mam still has never taken a drug in her life but I'm very proud of her attempt!

I can just hear the call from Dover Police station now "Is that Miss Copeman...we have your Mother here..."

Perfect explanation for how I am who I am. And proud of it. God Bless you Mam x

No comments: