Thursday 20 May 2010

Alternative Medicine

I had a really great chat with my Mam last night. Mam said that she had a headache so probably wouldn't stay on the phone for long. We often speak on the phone for hours and last night was no different. We chatted about my job, love life, her love life, what she's bee up to this week...you name it.

Mam has had a difficult week. Her beautiful little dog, Stanley, was diagnosed with arthritis a couple of months ago. He's already had a hip operation but his troubles go on. He was at vet again yesterday as the pain is becoming too much. The vet said that in addition to the monthly injections he is having, he's going to put him on a course of tablets to take every day as he thinks he now has a trapped nerve in his back. Poor little thing, it's such a shame.

We carried on chatting for a while and Mam said:

"I'll have to go Charlotte, my head is killing me so i'm going to have an early night and taken an Ibuprofen"

So we say our goodbye's an off she goes. Five minutes later, she calls back:

"SHIT - don't you dare tell a soul what I am about to tell you!!!!"

I ask her what's wrong as she seems really frantic.

"I put the phone down from you and took a tablet. Then realised it's the dog's tablet! What will I tell the vet?????"

Well she will simply have to tell her that she has been taking the dog's tablets. Needless to say, I roared with laughter for hours...yopu just have to love my Mam, she's simply the best!!!!

No comments: