Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Great Escape


No sleep last night AT ALL for all of the WRONG reasons.

I have six cats:

Beau (In the photo, Dad, Black)
Tinkerbell (Mam, Black)
Batfink (Son, Black)
Chocolate Face (Son and Siamese - naughty Tinkerbell, we don't make an issue of it in front of Beau)
Rufus (Son, Black)
Mini Moo (Daughter, Black)

 

Beau has learned how to UNLOCK the cat flap...so in the middle of the night, he unlocks it as the others watch patiently and all six escape at approximately 2am. After around five minutes, they all balance precariously on the window sill, all six faces pressed against the cat flap, meowing frantically as they try to get back in. 

Sadly he only unlocks one side to go out of the cat flap and not the other side allowing them back in, so normally they are shivering by the time I find them.

Last night, I decided to block the entire cat flap. It's in the kitchen window so I placed my wonderful hamper (9.99 in the Robert Dyas sale - fabulous value) on the kitchen work surface. On top of that, I placed a new bag of cat litter, on top of that, a large sack of their dried cat food. Cat flap covered, here's looking forward to a good night's sleep.

2:30am:

plop

plop

plop

tat

tat

tat

plop

plop

tat

tat

For 15 minutes I listened, half asleep. I eventually jumped up and went to see what was happening. They had burrowed through the cat litter and through the cat food, both falling off the surface, into the water bowl and covering around 80% of my kitchen floor.

I give up.

Anyone fancy a trip to sunny Hove to teach an old cat new tricks?

No comments: