Monday 14 June 2010

The Dating Game

I have a date. 

No...*really*...I really do have a date. 

Now I know I had sworn myself to singledom, but he just looked and sounded too lovely to resist. I know, I know...they all start that way...BUT...I have a feeling about this one...you know, one of my 'feelings'...and I think that even if he didn't fancy the pants off me (which is clearly unlikely), he would make a fantastic friend as he has a great outlook on life and is full of...well...life, which you really don't tend to find these days.

He's 32 (same age as me...I know, I don't look a day over 20...), lives in Folkestone (close enough to travel too, far enough away to hide from if it all goes tits up), is stupidly handsome, tall, incredibly funny, kind, laid back and has a fantastic lust for life.

Here's hoping he's not a manic depressive, in over 40k's worth of debt or has wives and children that he decided to keep to himself until a more 'suitable' time (surely that's at the beginning...but apparently not i'm told...).

I'd say to keep your fingers crossed, but what will be, will be...so...:

I am what I am
I am my own special creation.
So come take a look,
Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,
My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life's not worth a damn,
'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."
 
 I am what I am,
I don't want praise, I don't want pity.
I bang my own drum,
Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.
And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,
Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?
Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud
I am what I am!
 
I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses.
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.
There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;
One life, so it's time to open up your closet.
Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,
"Hey world, I am what I am!"


No comments: